Saturday, July 24, 2010

Well Then...

I know I haven't posted in a few days. It's been really busy around the house. Nimbus is doing great. Wednesday, he got to go hang out at the farm with Potion while Jenn taught a couple of classes. Before, between and after her classes we tried to get some stack and movement shots of Nimbus. They are posted on her Facebook profile. Some of them aren't too awful bad. I have a very handsome guy on my hands. He loves playing Potion and whenever I mention her he seems to get excited. He is starting to bully her though. He has figured out how to throw his weight around a bit and will drag her by the side of her face. I hope this stops soon because Nimbus will be quite a bit bigger than Potion once they are both grown.

I have been working on getting Nimbus comfortable on the grooming table while lying down. He is doing better; I hope to incorporate some kind of grooming while doing this next week. We'll see. Today, I finally got his nails done. It was a bit of a chore: My husband had to hold him and I finally just got the Dremel out and did them. That was much easier than trying to use the nail clippers. He also didn't seem to mind the Dremel nearly as much as the nail clippers. After we were finished we gave a lot of treats and let him go out for some fun. I hope as we work more on this it will get easier.

Nimbus is finding some entertainment with a soccer ball now. He will chase it and bump it with his nose or will jump on it and make it go rolling away. It has been so hot he mostly would rather lay in the shade. I can't blame him, that's what I would like to be doing too.

We have continued working on door manners and he is doing very well. Most of the time he doesn't try to bolt out the door and will wait for me to say "OK" before he goes out. He is also starting to sit and wait for the signal. We have also applied this to the xpen and crate. He's learning. He has also learned that some people don't know the rules and tries to take advantage of them. It's a lot of work not only training the puppy, but also the people who live with the puppy.

I am thinking of starting a Facebook account for Nimbus so that more people can follow what he is up to and watch him grow up. Keep an eye out for this. So until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment