Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bath time was a Breeze???? :-)

Did I say that? I guess I did. Yes folks, it's true, bath time has become something of which Nimbus will now tolerate without much fuss at all and totally to my surprise. If you have read earlier postings you know the routine we had when it came to giving the 'bus a bath. (I love my 'bus) Just had to add that. Any how, Kenny and I had done all the usual preps in getting 'bus ready for his bath. He was filthy and stunk like he rolled in something of which we could not decipher. So, it had to be done. Kenny took off his socks and shoes, I changed my clothes, we put towels down on the bathroom floor and got the water, shampoo, and towels to dry him off with ready. Kenny put him in the tub and he just stood there. I turned the sprayer on and he tried to get out, but not like in the past. He halfheartedly tried to get out. I scruffed him and told him no and that was the end of it. He quietly sulked while he got his bath. I was so excited; but as we all know bath time does not end there. I still had to dry him out and comb him through. So we get everything ready, I turn on the dryer and sit on the couch with him (he no longer fits on my schnauzer sized grooming table) and dried him and combed him. My husband asked me how much I had to beat him and the reply was none at all. He quietly let me do what needed to be done. I even got kisses while drying his belly. Hey, can't ask for much more than kisses while getting groomed. I knew that we had come a long way and that we had an understanding. You do what I want you to do and you get lots of cookies. He didn't whine, cry, or try to break free, he just laid there. I was so proud of him.

Now we are working on getting nails and feet trimmed with the same type of behavior. I must admit it is getting better every time we do it.

Nimbus is growing so much. He has begun teething and has lost a few teeth. He keeps us on our toes and I love every bit of it. Like I said, "I love my 'bus". That's all for now, we have an appointment to go herding again this weekend, will let you know how it goes. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment