Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pre-teen and teething

OMG...yes I said OMG and it should holy**** but it's not. Apparently Nimbus woke up today in a pre-teen mood. He decided that everything the momma said meant nothing to him. So that means he spent a lot of time today by himself in his xpen. It started at 6:30am. I usually take him out to potty because he has been awaken due to Kolton having to get up and get ready for school and catch the bus. Afterward, we go back to bed for a couple of hours or so. However, today my husband started class and so the whole routine was jacked from the get go. Nimbus thought that since Dad got up, he should be up. I again took him potty and thought he was going to go back to bed; which was my plan seeing as how I had very little sleep and wanted at least another hour of sleep. Nimbus said "I WANT TO PLAY" I was not impressed. And to make matters worse, Harley seemed to know that I was not in the mood to let them play so early in the morning and ambushed him and encouraged the play behavior. I finally got him back in his crate where he proceeded to "complain" quietly. I waited for him to be quiet for a couple of minutes and drug myself out of bed and got up. Far earlier than I had planned mind you. Again, I took Nimbus out to potty, all he wanted to do was chase butterflies. Now, let me describe this to you. Chasing butterflies is very rewarding for Nimbus, and he loves moths even more because they are out at night and are harder to see, so it's an even better game, especially when the momma is wanting to go to SLEEP. First he play bows at them nudges them his nose to get them up out of the grass. Then he starts wagging his tail cuz he thinks some how they are going to play with him...or at least that's how he acts...I don't know. But then, the most amusing thing happens, my Samoyed puppy somehow transforms himself into a cat. Okay, not really but he starts pouncing at the butterflies on his hind legs and attempts to catch them with his front paws as if he were a cat. Now at any other time than 6:30 am or 3:00am this is amusing. I even was even amused at 8:30 this morning; however, I am not amused when chasing butterflies turns into, I have to poop so I will circle and sniff, oh look shiny, I have to sniff so I can poop, OH shiny with wings, gotta go in circles, gotta go in circles, ooooooooh more butterflies. This lasted for at least 20 minutes. I am still in my pajamas and the last place I want to be is outside with him being to consumed with catching butterflies that he won't potty. He finally pees, but no poop. So, I figure he does not have to poop because he then heads straight for the door...he heard schnauzers and wanted to see what they were doing. I put him in his xpen, so I can go potty. When I return...the bus pooped. I was not happy. He has done so good letting us know and waiting for us to take him out. He will even go to the door if he is not in the xpen. So, it is time for breakfast. Nimbus is in his xpen "waiting". More like throwing himself at it trying to break free. I continue to get everyone's food together. Nimbus is still having a fit, so he gets no food. I feed the minis who have been so quiet I am shocked because usually I have to wait a few minutes to feed them while I feed Nimbus. It takes him about 10 minutes to realize that his behavior is not getting him food. He decides he wants to sit nicely and wait quietly so I go and get his bowl. He sits so nice, I tell him "wait", which he knows usually, however today there was no wait...so there was no food for another 5 minutes. He would not wait. Actually he would not wait for anything today, the door, the leash, the xpen to open. It was insane. He finally gets to eat and decides that barking at nothing has all of a sudden become acceptable behavior. That earned him some time alone. I left the room and sent the minis outside or down the hall. When he decided to be quiet for a couple of minutes I returned. The rest of the day went ok for the most part. We went outside and played a bit. He pottied like he should; and then came time to go to puppy class. Before I had a chance to get him, he peed in the xpen, again, no warning, just peed. I get it cleaned up. Then I get his leash and go to open the xpen...he decides apparently that I am not doing it right and bolts through the xpen, jumps over my head, and runs down the hallway. The hallway is not puppy approved yet. It is puppy proofed, but not okay for him to go because we cannot trust him all together yet. I get him back, scruff him, and put him back in the xpen. We try it again after he settles down...he doesn't bolt out this time, but decides that he does not have to wait for the okay. So again he gets put back in the xpen and waits. The third time he finally waits for the okay, lets me put his leash on, and doesn't act like a complete fool on the way to the door. I potty him, he pees and is more than ready to get in the car. He was fine at puppy class. Not his usual awesome self, but much better than he had been all day with listening at home. He even did great at handling class. Poor guy doesn't know what to do will all his rear end yet, especially since that's all he has. He really is growing fast. I will post pictures later this week. He is so long and thin right now, not unhealthy looking, but you can tell he is in a growth spurt. After handling class we hang out a bit to help socialize the instructor's great dane puppy. Towards the end of the class, Jenn notice that Potion had blood on her face and head. Nimbus was the last to be mauling her so I check his mouth..and what do I see...bloody teeth. So now my puppy has begun teething...Oh the joys of puppyhood. He is learning tho, I will not stand for things I do not want and will not accept. He is not happy about them right now, however, I know he will be later and so will I. I can see that the next couple of months is going to be frustrating, a learning experience, and most entertaining as we work through the teen "years" and teething. So until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment