Friday, August 20, 2010

What a Beautiful I have

So today we, (Nimbus and I) competed in our first "show". We competed in a puppy match in Muncie, IN. Let me tell you, I cannot really think of a time when I was as nervous as I was before we went into the ring. Nimbus was the only Sammy puppy so of course he won best of breed puppy and went onto group. Well first let me tell you, when I asked how many dogs before us, I was told 4. Not 4 breeds, 4 dogs. Well that was not the case. There were 4 Dobies, 2 Akitas, 2 Danes, 2 Giant Schnauzers, 2 Rotties, a Sammy (Nimbus of course), and a Standard Schnauzer. So by the time it got to be our turn in the ring, my nerves were shot. Once I got into the ring tho, things went well. First off, the judge commented on what a nice puppy I had and that he absolutely loved Sammies. I had a few bumbles as I'll but it...but hey, it was after all my very first time really showing. I have pretended to show to help Jenn and Kolton, but never have I shown for real in anything. So when we were done with breed, Jenn gave me a few pointers and reminded me to breathe and told I didn't do to bad and that 'bus looked pretty good all things considered. Then it was time for the group. We were pretty much the last in line besides the standard schnauzer, but this time I wasn't as nervous and Nimbus seemed to know what he was supposed to do. Well...at least when there were not dropped cookies in his path. The judge started picking and the order went: Akita, Giant Schnauzer, Doberman, and Sammy....YAY...the 'bus placed fourth in group. As the judge gave me our ribbon he said.."you are going to have a lot of fun with him." Also, as I was in the ring, one of the watchers commented how what a nice Sammy he was and told me that he has keeshonds and would take my puppy if I would part with him. NO WAY!!!!! I love my 'bus, beautiful or not. He keeps me very busy and on my toes and he's quite the entertainer...lol. Even if we had not placed at all today, I was very proud of him. He didn't throw any tantrums about having to stay looking pretty and standing. He was very attentive to me and the compliments we got on him were enough for me to know he's going to be turning heads for a long time to come. Thanks Donna for my beautiful little man. I couldn't ask for better. I can't wait for our next match and we will have plenty of practice between now and then, even if I'm not exactly sure when the next one is. I'll have to ask Jenn. She is my "agent" and tells me when and where I need to be. I have been working on finding out which shows have puppy matches and most of the time I already have the dates in my calendar.

Well I really need to get to bed. Another early morning tomorrow, this time for Kolton and Harley...State Fair 4H dog show...so until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment